Friday, May 17, 2013

Warrior Dash 2013



I was definitely not in shape enough to do the Warrior Dash this year, but I was bound & determined to do it. I was recovering from a torn tibialis anterior (muscle in my lower leg) & probably shouldn't have participated, actually. (Oops) However, it was an amazing & empowering experience. I got out there (along with the hubs) & showed myself that I *am* strong enough to do this. I did all of the obstacles without help - which is huge. I was totally terrified I was going to break my neck (or my already injured leg!). I did manage to injure my ankle pretty badly right before the last obstacle, so I did not get my finisher's medal. :( It's ok, though. I did WAY better than I ever though possible. Aaaaand, there's another mud run coming up in October nearby that I'm dying to sign up for. :)

BOTTOM LINE: If *I* can do it, so can you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment