Sunday, October 26, 2014

Keep on keepin' on

I honestly can say now that the highlight of most of my days involve going to the gym. I've always enjoyed how I feel after working out, but have always struggled with the motivation to go. There have been so many days when I *KNOW* I should have gone, but I made up a million of excuses as to why I couldn't/shouldn't go. 
A lot of my issues stem from what I call "gym-timidation". Obviously, I'm not skinny or perky or super flexy bendy like a lot of the 'chicks' in the gym. I am very overweight. I sweat like a beast. Even with my inhaler, my asthma makes me huff & puff like a steam engine on it's last leg. 
I'm not there with my super cute work out clothes on, or my hair just right, or acting daintly around the weights while the "tough guys" really work out. When I go to the gym, I am there TO WORK. I have my headphones on at all times - so unless it's something really important like my form is wrong & I'm going to get hurt - please do not talk to me. I want to learn how to do different exercises that will tone different muscles - ones that I obviously don't know HOW to tone properly. 
I am there to get FIT. Not skinny. I want to be a stronger, healthier, more toned version of who I am now. I'm tired of body image issues. Now trust me, I'm realistic & I'm well aware that there are certain issues that I may never be able to lay to rest. However, I've got 3 young kids that are learning about body image & self worth from me - and I certainly don't want them to feel the same way I've always felt.  
Anyway, I guess that was my rant for the morning. Not sure where that came from, but obviously I felt like it needed to be said!

With all that being said, if you have any suggestions on good workouts, new things to try, etc - please let me know. I'm always open to suggestions!!!

Thanks for sticking with me guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment