Saturday, November 1, 2014

Reminder

So this week has really been pretty dang rough. I'm struggling with a lot of stuff at home that is completely out of my control. My motivation to hit the gym has really been down this week. When I *HAVE* wanted to go, I've been so tired that I've passed out & my husband hasn't been able to wake me up to go. O.o Obviously, sleep deprivation & stress have been majorly affecting me - which, quite frankly, pisses me off. 

However, this morning at work, one of my co-workers came up to me & said that she had been inspired by *ME* to sign up for a class at her gym. I believe her exact words were "If you are going through all of this stuff & you can get to the gym and feel good, there's no reason I can't". I will not name said person, in case they prefer to remain anonymous. But I will say this to her - Thank you. Thank you for reminding me that this journey (weight loss, blogging about it, life in general) is not about *ME*. It is making a difference to others. 

So I am going to quit wallowing in self pity & take my fat happy ass to the gym after I finish this 13 hour shift. 

Reminder: Sometimes, all it takes is a tiny bit of encouragement.


No comments:

Post a Comment